Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finger Paint Recipe

I just got the Crayola finger paints out for Samuel.  Then the thought hit me: how much will I spend on this stuff through the years (yes, the cheapskate in me is always considering the co$t).  I did a simple google search, and this is what I found:

http://kids.creativity-portal.com/d/recipes/finger.paint.shtml.

It looks so easy that when we run out of the Crayola paints, this is going on top my list of things to try making myself.  I'll let you know how it turns out when we get there.

Does anybody else have any fun, frugal, and easy do-it-yourself recipes for kids (ie paints, playdough, bubbles, etc)?

1 comment:

  1. When I worked at the daycare with the toddlers, we finger painted with chocolate pudding. We were supposed to be pretending that we were playing in mud b/c our animal that week was "pig" Not as cheap as the cornstarch mixture, but if you didn't have the other things on hand and did have instant pudding, it would probably still be more cost-effective

    ReplyDelete